About the Project
In scientific, research and presentation forms, genocide against the Bosniaks has so far been treated only partially and the entire material has never been networked under a single umbrella. Jews, however, professionally processed and classified all the material on the Holocaust under the umbrella of Yad Vashem Museum, from where they encouraged multidisciplinary research and presentations of the Holocaust. Since the construction of a museum of genocide against the Bosniaks would require political will, as well as considerable financial resources, a possible solution can be found in the medium of virtual museum, as state of the art presentation form. The virtual museum of genocide against the Bosniaks uses an online multimedia presentation to present to Internet users documents on the continuity of genocide against the Bosniaks. The museum consists of interactive digital stories about certain stages of the genocide and about individual events, combined with digitised testimonies, documents and records of these events.
The online presentation can be adapted to an on-site presentation in physical space, where the digital content would be presented on an interactive touch-screen display.
Screenplay written by and directed by – Fatmir Alispahić
Historical sources – Institute for Research of Crimes against Humanity and
International Law of the Sarajevo University
Photographs and documents collected by – Merisa Karovic-Babić
Translated into English by – Agencija za pružanje jezičkih usluga Diwan
Music by – Adnan Mušanović
Narrated by – Kenan Alagić
Actress – Emina Goletić
Director of photography – Jasmin Jatić
Expert consultant – Ahmed Imamović
Digital compositing by – Selma Rizvić
Web design by – Aida Sadžak
Project technical coordination by – Selma Rizvić, Udruženje Digi.ba
We owe a debt of gratitude to kind people who made available the studio
shooting and postproduction equipment free of charge.
Authors of the concept - Fatmir Alispahić i Selma Rizvić
Data sources and documents collection, project promotion and presentation by - mr Fatmir Alispahić
Graphic design, editing, postproduction by - Selma Rizvić
Web design by - Aida Sadžak
Project technical coordination by - Reuf Kapidžić, Udruženje Digi.ba
Translated into English by - Agencija za pružanje jezičkih usluga Diwan
Sources and references:
ICTY (judgements and evidence material)
Arhiv Bosne i Hercegovine, Fonoteka, Četnički zločini 1941-1945.
1. Bandžović Safet, The Migration of Bosniaks to Turkey, Sarajevo: Institute for Research of Crimes against Humanity and International Law, 2006.
2. Bojić Mehmedalija, The Causes of Genocide in Bosnia, Sarajevo: El Kalem, 2001.
3. Čekić Smail, History of genocide against Bosniaks, Sarajevo: Muzej genocida, 1997.
4. Čekić Smail, Genocide against the Bosniaks in World War II: Documents,Sarajevo: Association of Muslims for Anti-genocide activities, 1996.
5. Dedijer Vladimir – Miletić Antun, Genocide against Muslims 1941-1945:Collection of testimonies and documents, Sarajevo: Svjetlost, 1990.
6. Filandra Šaćir, Bosniak Politics in the 20th Century, Sarajevo: Sejtarija, 1998.
7. Imamović Mustafa, “Continuity of Genocide against the Bosniaks”, in Genocide in Bosnia and Herzegovina 1991-1995, Proceeds from the International Congress for Documenting Genocide in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bonn, 31 August - 4 September 1995, Sarajevo: Institute for Research of Crimes against Humanity and International Law; Göttingen: Gesellschaft für bedrohte Völker – International, Kuala Lumpur: Human Rights Group for Bosnia, 1997.
8. Imamović Mustafa – Hrelja Kemal – Purivatra Atif, Economic Genocide against Muslims, Sarajevo: Association of Muslims for Anti-genocideactivities
9. Hadžijahić Muhamed, Tradition to Identity, Zagreb, 1990.
10. Hurem Rasim, “The idea and practice of the struggle for Greater Serbia in 19th and 20th centuries” in: Genocide in Bosnia and Herzegovina 1991-1995, Sarajevo: Institute for Research of Crimes against Humanity and International Law; Göttingen: Gesellschaft für bedrohte Völker – International, Kuala Lumpur: Human Rights Group for Bosnia, 1997.
11. Tabeau Ewa, Conflict in Numbers: Casualties of the 1990s Wars in the Former Yugoslavia (1991–1999), Beograd: Helsinki Committee for Human
12. Šarić Sabahudin, Greater Serbian Ideology, Sarajevo: Institute for Research of Crimes against Humanity and International Law; Research
Institute "Ibn Sina", 2010.
13. Čekić Smail, Genocid nad Bošnjacima u Drugom svjetskom ratu: dokumenti,
Sarajevo: Udruženje Muslimana za antigenocidne aktivnosti, 1996.
14. Keleštura Mensud, “Četnički pokret u Bosni i Hercegovini 1941-1945,
Zenica: Divit, 1999.
15. Rastoder Šerbo, “Kad su vakat kaljali insani: Šahovići 1924”,
Podgorica: Almanah, 2011.
16. Šarkinović Hamdija, “Bošnjaci od načertanija do memorandum”, Podgorica:
Matica Bošnjaka Crne Gore, 2012.
17. Šehić Zijad –Ibrahim Tepić, “Povijesni atlas Bosne I Hercegovine: Bosna i Hercegovina na geografskim i historijskim kartama”, Sarajevo: Sejtarija, 2002.
Video gallery[huge_it_portfolio id="2"]
Donators1st phase (in alphabetical order)
Realizirana pod pokroviteljstvom predsjednika Predsjedništva Bosne i Hercegovine Bakira Izetbegovića i potpredsjednice Federacije Bosne i Hercegovine Melike Mahmutbegović.